Roby Office: (325) 776-2244
Youth Tour Eligibility Requirements, Contest Rules and Application 2019
BCEC Government-in-Action Youth Tour Contest 2019
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CONTEST RULES
A contestant must:
• Be a current 10th, 11th, or 12th grader at a school in Big Country EC’s service area (Borden, Fisher, Garza, Haskell, Jones, Kent, Mitchell, Nolan, Scurry, Shackelford, Stonewall and Throckmorton Counties).
• Students’ parents/guardians DO NOT have to be members/customers of Big Country Electric Cooperative in order to compete in and win the Youth Tour contest. Youth Tour contest winners who went on a previous trip are not eligible. Immediate family of co-op directors or employees ARE NOT eligible.
• Application form may be submitted via webform at bigcountry.coop, by clicking on Service Beyond Electricity → Youth Tour. If you prefer, you may download the printable version and submit to Sarah McLen at email@example.com or fax to 325.776.2246. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2019.
• Once your application is received, you will receive an email with a link to the BCEC Youth Tour 2019 closed group to post your video. Videos will only be available to the group of Youth Tour applicants, not the public.
• Videos must be uploaded by 10:00 p.m. Thursday, January 31, 2019. Please include your name with the video title. Example: Title of my Video by John Smith.
Video Topic and Scoring
• This year’s topic is: Compare how electricity and the Internet have changed society and everyday life for rural Americans. How will they continue to do so?
You’re sure to find great material to work with! Be unique, be creative, learn something, and have fun!
• Winners will be selected on a competitive basis, using the following points for scoring: Knowledge of Subject 50% (40 points), Presentation 50% (40 points), and 10 points for each: Presentation quality, Poise, Personality & Appearance.
• Videos must be a minimum of 3 minutes but no more than 5 minutes long.
• Multiple applicants CANNOT submit the same video. If your name is on the application, it’s your video. The video MUST BE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL CREATION!
• The three winning contestants will be chosen by an independent panel of judges, to represent BCEC on the Government-in-Action Youth Tour in Washington, D.C. in June 12-21, 2019. An alternate will also be chosen in the event a winner cannot make the trip. Each winner and the runner-up will also receive a $1,500 scholarship from Big Country Electric Cooperative and will be notified by email or phone by Noon on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Contact Sarah McLen at 325.776.3803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.